In this intense one day class you will learn the essential technical and creative skills you will need to develop in order to create your own YouTube channel.
By the end of the day you will have an excellent grounding in the hardware, software and creative skills you will need to launch a successful YouTube channel.
This class is aimed at freelance professionals wishing to promote their business or product by taking a hands on approach to creating video that can be uploaded and used on YouTube and other channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Vimeo.
An intermediate to advanced understanding of the Windows or Mac operating system is required to take this class.
- Introduction to YouTube & the Tools You Will Need
- Introduction to Creator Studio – YouTube’s publishing platform
- Cameras, Sound, Computers & Editing Software – An Overview of the Equipment You Will Need
- The Production Process
Group Activity – Planning, Shooting & Editing a Channel Intro Video
- Shooting Your Video – Hands on Activity
- Camera Tips – Framing & Planning Your Shots
- Working with Sound – Getting Good Quality Sound on a Budget
- Capturing Your Footage to Your Computer
- Editing Your Footage with iMovie, Premiere Elements, Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro X
Exporting & Uploading
- Exporting Your Video
- Uploading to YouTube
- Creating a Video Thumbnail
Channel Design & Promoting Your Channel
- Designing Your Channel’s Layout
- Using Social Media to Promote Your Channel